Downside School, Somerset
A Level– A*AA: English Literature, Chemistry, Mathematics
AS Level – AAAB: English Literature, Chemistry, Mathematics, Further Mathematics
IGCSE –7 x A*, 3 x A: Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, English Literature, English Language, Religious Studies, History, French, Latin
University College London
Love Learning Tutors
Common Entrance: All subjects
GCSE: All except languages
A-Level: Maths, Chemistry, English Literature.
I have recently finished tutoring a girl in GCSE Mathematics and Science. I have also help students with their UCAS applications. Being a qualified RYA Dinghy instructor has given me plenty of experience teaching children.
Skills and Interests
● Avid runner; completed 2016 London Marathon and two Bath Half Marathons.
● Skiing and watersports.
● RYA Dinghy Instructor (qualified June 2015)
● Passionate Chef.
● Aspiring Playwright, taking a show to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival
● Keen actor
Love Learning: Tutor
Skiworld: Chalet Host
· Ran a chalet in the alps, cooking and cleaning for twelve people.
The Compasses Inn: Front of house manager
· Managed a popular pub in Wiltshire
Seaview Yacht Club: Boatman
· Working as a boatman and dinghy instructor has developed my communication skills and improved my ability to work with a number of customers on my own and within a team
Smart Cooky Catering: Assistant Chef
· Help prep and organise dinner parties for private clients
The Dorchester, London
· Learnt discipline and communication skills whilst working in a pressured professional kitchen
Compass UK: Work Experience
· Assisted with hedging in corporate treasury
I first tutored a family friend’s daughter after she was struggling with her GCSE revision. She was struggling greatly and her parents couldn’t figure out why. After the first session it became very clear that the biggest obstacle in her way was her own self confidence. She knew the answers to most things, she just doubted herself before she even started writing down an answer. After helping her build some confidence to tackle what are perceived to be the daunting and dreaded exams it was wonderful to see her pass with flying colours! That is not to say that it is just to do with confidence, I have been lucky enough to have a good education myself, but I too have faced poor teaching and know that one-on-one help is sometimes the only remedy. I am a very sociable and lively person and have greatly benefited from teachers that took the time to engage with me properly. This is part of what motivates me, a desire to make learning seem less draconian and more life affirming. It is also the chance to return some of the wisdom that I gained from teachers who really took the time with me - this is what ultimately makes the difference.