GCSEs: 9A*s in English language, Mathematics, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Latin, Russian, Spanish, French
Cambridge Pre-U: D1 in Russian (equivalent to high A* at A-level), D2 in History (A*), D2 in English literature (A*)
University of Oxford
BA in Modern Languages (Russian with Polish) Expected June 2019
· First Year Preliminary Modern Languages examinations achieved pass with average of 70%, awarded exhibition.
· Awarded Peter and Helen Dean Prize for Modern Languages for results in first year.
Love Learning Tutors
Common Entrance: English, History, French, Spanish, Latin
GCSE: Russian, English literature, History, Spanish, French
A-Level: Russian, English literature, History
Skills and Interests
· Languages: Advanced/Fluent in Russian. Advanced in French, Intermediate in Polish.
· Debating: I led my school debating society, which involved competing in national competitions, as well as teaching debating skills to pupils.
· Drama/comedy: I was president of my university college’s drama society. I also regularly write and perform stand-up comedy at events in Oxford.
· Writing: I write for the Cherwell Newspaper, Oxford’s main student newspaper.
Outlaw’s Restaurant Rock, Cornwall, UK
Front of House Staff Summer of 2014 and 2015; two eight-week stints
· Worked as section waiter responsible for looking after tables.
· Worked full time, up to 60 hour weeks.
The Grove Pub Camberwell, London, UK
Barman June – September 2017
I feel very fortunate to have received the education I have, and am highly aware of the transformative effect that certain brilliant teachers have had on my development into the person I am today. My experience of formal education showed me that learning has to be an enjoyable experience for pupils to get the most out of it. I think a private tutor is uniquely placed to show a pupil how to enjoy learning, and therefore to get much more out of it; from my own experience I know that the chaos of the classroom makes it easy for some pupils to be left behind and become disenchanted with learning. My approach to teaching is very much focussed on the individual needs of the pupil, with the primary goal the building up of confidence in his or her own abilities by concentrating on positive achievements and setting realistic goals. I am a creative individual, and I enjoy finding new ways of approaching a difficult topic or idea, in order to make them more accessible to my pupils. Perhaps most importantly, I enjoy working with young people; I enjoy their company, and have the patience to get through those rare moments when an hour’s tuition is not high on their list of desires. I find it immensely satisfying to see real progress being made, and relish the chance to make a positive impact on a pupil’s academic development.